Everyone knows that coconut is very tasty and also smells good, but that is not the single reason for its popularity to grow so rapidly. Scientists have found 127 good reasons for its use.
The coconut tree is considered as the tree of life in the Philippines, Southeast Asia, India, and other tropical locations. And now, there are over 1,500 studies that prove the health benefits of the coconut oil.
Coconut (C. Nucifera) is a part of the family Arecaceae (Palmae) and belongs to the subfamily Cocoideae. The flesh of the coconut is aboundand in healthy acids, and its structure of fat might change depending on its processing type.
If talking about the medium-chain saturated fatty acids they are usually about 90% of the entire content, also this combination goes with a small portion of mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
The good news for the medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s) is that they are easily absorbed and digested by the human organism and they move freely through the blood-brain barrier in the unbound form, which means that it helps the neurological process and also it gives the body huge amount of energy.
You should know that unrefined, also called virgin coconut oil is so useful, and is also cheaper, easily available and entirely natural. It has such structure that is extremely beneficial for our general health.
VIRGIN COCONUT OIL:
- It isn’t toxic
- It enhances the absorption of nutrients (it’s easily digestible; makes fat-based vitamins, such as vitamin A, K, E, D)
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It has very powerful anti-carcinogenic properties (inhibits the spread of cancer cells and boosts our immune system)
- It has anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting properties ( it effectively kills viruses, bacteria, yeast, parasites and protozoa)
- Antioxidant properties (prevents the formation of free radicals and the damage that they cause)
INTERNAL HEALTH PROBLEMS
Coconut oil has lots of properties that help the human body in several ways when they are taken internally and they include:
- Mild Depression and Cognitive Disease – In this case, consume coconut oil with fish oil, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), and some other treatment methods
- Bowel function – constipation, gut infections, IBD (inflammatory bowel disease)
- Cancer – Studies have shown that it can prevent breast and colon cancer
- Alzheimer’s, Dementia
- Candida Albicans
- Cholesterol – improves the ratio of HDL (the good cholesterol) to LDL (the bad cholesterol) in persons with high cholesterol levels
- H. pylori – If you have this, you should take coconut oil orally.
- Epilepsy – Coconut oil might effectively reduce epileptic seizures
- Hemorrhoids – You need to apply coconut oil internally or externally twice a day
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Alternating diarrhea and constipation are the key signs of IBS
- Hot Flashes
- Menstruation Relief – Coconut oil alleviates heavy blood flow, pain and cramps
- Chronic and adrenal fatigue
- Liver Disease
- Diabetes - This oil prevents food cravings and stabilizes the blood sugar levels
- Asthma – For adults and children
- Gas - The imbalance of bacteria in the gut often leads to foul gas. This oil has mild anti-microbial properties and thus re-establishes healthy gut flora
- Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchial Infections
- Acid Reflux/ Indigestion – consume the coconut oil after meals
- Migraines - In this case, you ought to use it regularly
- Colds and Flues - Coconut oil has potent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and is extremely useful in case of colds and flu
- Bladder Infections and Urinary Tract Infections
- Prostate Enlargement - BPH – benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Thyroid Function - It provides regulation in case of overactive or underactive thyroid gland
- Stomach Ulcers - Coconut oil soothes the stomach lining and reduces the growth of H. pylori
- Gallbladder Disease - Dietary oils raise the bile flow that is very beneficial in case of gallbladder problems
- Flaky, dry skin- Scarce amounts of oil lead to dandruff and dry skin
- Poor Circulation - if you constantly feel cold or in the case of edema, mainly in the extremities, apply coconut oil to the skin in a circular motion towards the heart.
- Kidney Disease and Stones - it’s really helpful since it dissolves small stones in the kidneys
- Heart Disease - Coconut oil provides protection for arteries from injury which leads to atherosclerosis
- Lung Disease
- Periodontal Disease and Tooth Decay
- Mental Clarity
- Immune System Builder